Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Siberia Frost Blue Headphones V2 Review

Wow, its been a long time. I actually forgot my password to this account. Bet you thought I was gone?
But I'm here, for another review.
This time: For the Siberia Frost Blue Headphones V2.

Pretty nice, huh? Yep. These are supposedly gaming headphones, although very useful for other purposes, obviously. But these are not for everyone. There is a cheaper verson, the Siberia Steelseries V2, which is the same without the "special edition" bragging rights, and the cool lights. I find these amusing, and for an extra ten dollars, these can be yours. If not, every section except for "Bells and Whistles" applies to that as well. This headset connects via USB.

Sound

This is obviously the most important part of the review. The sound is quite excellent, and is not too heavy on the bass in music or games. If you need more bass, you can always adjust the sound settings in the handy SteelSeries program adjuster, that can be downloaded with the product. It has a simple interface, with numerous premade settings that will satisfy the vast majority of your needs. If they do not, you can always make a custom one. I use one for gaming, and one for music.

For the record, there are a few things that could be made better. For one, the MMO setting sounds very, very bad too my ears, and I do not use it, even for MMOs. Other then that, I really do not see anything wrong with the sound, with its big speaker, that can be customized for even the pickiest of people.


Microphone

I think the next biggest reason one would buy a headset, which includes a microphone unlike headphones, is for the hopefully decent recording quality, or for speaking. It is a decent microphone, I would not say amazing, as it cannot come close to comparing to standalone microphones like the Blue Snowball. That being said, it records regular sound well, and for everyday use, you would not notice a difference. Words spoken over it can be heard loudly, and clearly with ease. The mic is flexible and easy to move around.

However, this too is not without its downsides. It is very easy for your breath to be picked up by the microphone, and you have to position it in a way that it does not directly come in contact with your mouth, unlike some other microphones, which have foam around the microphone to keep your breath from being heard. I find this annoying, but it is pretty easy to fix, and you get used to it.

Build-Quality

This headset happens to have very comfy earcups. While some headsets take time getting used too, I felt great with this one right at the start. The way it is built, much of the pressure is taken off of your head. The earcups do not feel too big on me, but people who have small ears may not feel comfortable with these. The only part I see being fragle is the little wires that connect the part that goes on your head to the earcups. However, I have used these for 2 months with no problems.


Bells and Whistles

Now, now, this is what separates this headset from the rest. It may not have a voice morpher, but who needs one? It has cool glowing lights on the side of the earcups, that shine soft blue light. The intensity of the lights can be adjusted, as well as the pattern in which they flash. My favorite feature, is that you can have the lights flash with the volume and sound patterns of what you are listening too! Other's around you will be in awe of your headset.

The Verdict

So, after all that, it is time to decide if I recommend this. With the high quality adjustable sound, a decent microphone, and some stylishly awesome features, like blue lights, which are also adjustable, and a clean, smooth, white color that compliments the flashing blue, you cannot go wrong with this. If you are a person who appreciates some nice sound quality, and a few extra features, go ahead and get it. I definitely recommend this too you.

(Sorry for being 2 years late)

~Tiger

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had a great time reading your website. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Regards,

    Joel
    JHouston791 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete